Licence Finder



You may need a licence for:

  • some business activities
  • other activities, eg street parties

Use this tool to find out which licences you may need.

Popular licences

  1. Temporary Events Notice (England and Wales)
    A Temporary Event Notice is for carrying out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises.
  2. Occasional licence (Scotland)
    In Scotland you need an occasional licence if you want to sell alcohol from unlicensed premises.
  3. Food business registration
    Food business registration if carrying out ‘food operations’ in a food business.