COVID-19 Support Fund
April 14, 2020
About the support fund
We’re all in the fight against Coronavirus together, and brilliant work is happening right across Staffordshire to help people stay safe and well.
A huge, co-ordinated effort across community and voluntary groups across our county is making a huge difference to isolated and vulnerable people, and those in most need of help. Local people are also stepping up to put projects together make a difference.
Now the new COVID-19 Support Fund has been set up to help keep this happening. It’s rapid, flexible funding to support communities to do their bit and to make sure that the voluntary sector continues to thrive now and after the crisis.
Each county councillor has £2,500 to support community groups in their area to be resilient, safe and connected. No match funding is required.
Funding can be used by:
- community groups to support new community activity (individuals that have come together to run a project – individuals cannot be funded) to help:
- people self-isolating or in quarantine
- the community to be resilient against the wider impact of COVID-19
- develop community networks to support either of the above
- existing volunteer/community groups to:
- keep activity running that is supporting people through the Covid-19 crisis
- keep running – e.g. if they have experienced a loss of income through a lack of participants and still need to pay overheads
Guidance and criteria
Please read the guidance about this fund before submitting an application.