Aston University's Business Leadership Programme
February 26, 2021
Business Leadership Programme:
A specialised government funded programme for leaders of small businesses to survive and thrive
Centre for Growth at Aston University are working with the Small Business Charter (SBC) along with 19 other SBC accredited business schools to deliver a specialised government funded programme for leaders of small businesses to survive and thrive. Small Business Leadership (SBLP) is a new free and fully funded programme comes as part of a £20million package from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
The Small Business Leadership Programme supports senior leaders to enhance their business’s resilience and recovery from the impact of COVID-19. It helps small and medium-sized businesses to develop their potential for future growth and productivity.
Participants will develop strategic leadership skills and the confidence to make informed decisions to boost business performance.
The fully-funded 10 week programme will be delivered online by small business and enterprise experts from world-leading business schools.
The Small Business Leadership Programme is being delivered by a consortium of business schools accredited by the Small Business Charter (SBC), and supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
Benefits of taking part:
- Develop your strategic capability to plan for the future of your business, and to ensure that your business is in a great position to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
- Learn how to make your business more productive and resilient.
- Support you to develop your management and leadership skills, and increase your confidence to make better decisions, boost business performance and become more effective.
- Provide a reflective and practical programme tailored to support your business. Apply your learning to your business
- Help you to build lasting relationships with a network of small business leaders and business experts in your region.
- Create an innovative, productive and agile organisational culture able to drive growth.
- Support you to embed responsible business practices.
To join the Small Business Leadership Programme, you will:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in West Midlands or South West
- Employ between 5 and 249 people and have been operational for at least one year
- be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business with at least one person reporting directly to them
- be able to commit to attending the full programme