The Export Academy has been launched by the Department for International Trade
November 13, 2020
The Export Academy
The Export Academy has been launched by the Department for International Trade (DIT) to give small and micro-businesses the skills, knowledge, and confidence to start selling goods or services to customers around the world.
It is being targeted at SMEs with a turnover of up to £500,000 and will offer a range of expert-led webinars and virtual masterclasses, alongside 1-2-1 support from Export Academy Advisers to encourage businesses to trade overseas.
What do businesses get from the programme?
– Access to a dedicated Export Academy Adviser, and an opportunity to network with other businesses that have global ambitions
– A tailored export action plan to take your business to international customers
– Access to local educational events, independent learning, networking and group mentoring
– Access to a series of educational webinars, led by experts from the Department for International Trade.
– Access to other support from the Department for International Trade and its local trade offices, including the chance to apply for grants and funding
Who should join the programme?
The Export Academy is open to new, novice and in-experienced SMEs from across the Midlands who have global ambitions.
Once a business has completed the registration form they can then book on to any or all of the series of 40 minute webinars covering the key aspects of starting to trade internationally.
• Basic export procedures
• International market research
• Pricing and distribution
• Customs procedures
• export controls
• getting paid
The Export Academy is delivering a series of Half Day Masterclasses that cover the following topics:
• Create an International Marketing Strategy
• Market Research and Selection
• Getting Goods to Market and Export Procedures