Grants for Suppliers of Goods and Services to the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Sectors
February 8, 2021
Stafford Borough Council have launched a strand to their Additional Restrictions Grant specifically for Suppliers of Goods and Services to the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Sectors.
Grants will be paid to small to medium enterprises (less than 250 staff and £50 million turnover) which were not mandated to close on 5 January and have been affected by Covid-19 as their primary function is to provide goods or services to the Hospitality, Retail, Leisure and Events sector. Such trade should represent more than 50% of the expected business of the organisation applying.
For any periods from 5 January onwards, during which the suppliers customer base is mandated to close, grants will be paid as follows;
• Businesses operating from domestic premises can claim a grant of £375 per 14 days (or pro-rata equivalent) (The business must be registered at Companies House)
• Properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants of £667 per 14 days (or pro-rata equivalent)
• Properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, grants of £1,000 per 14 days (or pro-rata equivalent)
• Properties with a rateable value of £51k or over, grants of £1,500 per 14 days (or pro-rata equivalent)
• Non-ratepayers occupying commercial premises will receive £667 per 14 days (or pro-rata equivalent)
Payments will be paid to the ratepayer as listed on our Business Rates Database.
Claiming and Evidence
- Businesses will need to evidence how they have been severely impacted by mandated closure of their customer base
- Businesses will need to demonstrate a fall in income of more than 30% for the period Nov/Dec/Jan compared to the same period in the previous year 2019/20
- Businesses will need to provide bank statements from 1 November 2020 to 31 January 2021, compared with 1 November 2019 to 31 January 2020.
Businesses less than 12 months old must provide the following evidence:
- Bank statements for November 2020 to January 2021 showing the decline in revenue compared to a 3 month period of being open
- Demonstrate significant property costs as evidenced by commercial rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and buildings and contents insurance being paid
For all enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY CLICK HERE