National Careers Service - Redundancy & Recruitment Triage Service
July 6, 2020
The National Careers Service have launched a redundancy & recruitment service
If you have been furloughed we can support you by:
• providing tailored support based on your individual needs
• supporting you to identify and develop skills relevant to your future plans
• identifying and supporting you to access online learning opportunities in support of your career goals
• providing advice and information on interview skills, job application techniques, skills assessments and helping to identify your transferable skills
• helping you to adapt to new ways of working and communicate utilising various digital platforms
• signposting you to other services to support your general wellbeing or financial needs.
If you are currently looking for work :-
All support will be provided by a qualified careers adviser, and you will receive an action plan identifying your next steps. You can access support through one-to-one telephone appointments, email, online workshops and webinars.
If you are currently looking for work, the National Careers Service West Midlands can help you to assess and develop your skills, plan for your future and move into employment.
We can support you with:
• access to up-to-date vacancies in demand sectors
• matching your skills and experience to current vacancies
• job application techniques
• developing interview skills
• skills assessments and identifying transferable skills,
• identifying skills gaps and how to fill them using online learning
• referral and signposting to current online learning opportunities available via partners and training providers.
• signposting to additional services in support of wellbeing including mental health and financial support
• providing information about volunteering opportunities
You can contact us for one-to-one support by telephone, email, online workshops and webinars provided by qualified Careers Advisers.
Have you been affected by redundancy?
Our qualified careers advisers can provide one-to-one support to help you plan your next steps, help you to improve your skills or help you find alternative employment.
We can support you with access to new job vacancies in sectors experiencing demand for new staff.
Support we provide includes:
• Skills analysis and career planning
• CV development
• Job matching to current vacancies
• Job search and online applications
• Understanding the local job market
• Current vacancies relevant to your skills and experience
• Exploring career options
• Interview techniques
• Digital skills assessments and identifying transferrable skills
• Searching for courses and training schemes
• Finding funding to support learning
• Information about apprenticeships
• Identifying key strengths and skills
• Developing an action plan
Call us on 0800 100 900 or visit https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk for more information.
National Careers Service West Midlands including Staffordshire