6. Signs, stationery and promotional material
You must display a sign showing your company name at your registered company address and wherever your business operates. If you’re running your business from home, you don’t need to display a sign there.
If you’re running 3 shops and an office that’s not at your home, you must display a sign at each of them.
The sign must be easy to read and to see at any time, not just when you’re open.
Stationery and promotional material
You must include your company’s name on all company documents, publicity and letters.
On business letters, order forms, invoices and websites, you must show:
- the company’s registered number
- its registered office address
- where the company is registered (England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland)
- the fact that it’s a limited company (usually by spelling out the company’s full name including ‘Limited’ or ‘Ltd’)
If you want to include directors’ names, you must list all of them.
If you want to show your company’s share capital (how much the shares were worth when you issued them), you must say how much is ‘paid up’ (owned by shareholders).