Keele University - FLOURISH initiative
September 18, 2023
A brand new series of projects to support Newcastle-under-Lyme.
SMEs, community groups, and not-for-profit organisations in Newcastle-under-Lyme are able to benefit from Keele University’s student and graduate talent, through a brand new initiative called FLOURISH.
FLOURISH will deliver 60 projects across the following themes:
- Digital Society and Economy – including digital transformation projects with SMEs and other organisations, as well as supervised 1:1 assistance to build digital capabilities for communities and individuals.
- Sustainability – including projects round carbon literacy, sustainable energy, biodiversity, circular economy, and sustainable transport.
- SME innovation – product, service and process innovation, market engagement, and supply chain management in areas where Keele has post-graduate expertise.
- Culture and Creativity – ‘In Residence’ programme for town centre businesses across history, creative writing and film-making and music, with creative outputs exhibited and/or performed in a town centre location.
- Entrepreneurship – supporting entrepreneurial readiness for individuals, and early-stage incubation of new businesses including graduate start-ups.
Many of the above projects will be run through the University’s recently-announced new town centre home, Keele in Town.
Organisations in Newcastle-under-Lyme can register their interest in these programmes today by contacting the Keele Gateway team: email@example.com or 01782 733001.