5. If your business or premises change or can’t be used

Your business rates could change if:

  • you move or make changes to your premises
  • the nature of your business changes
  • your premises can’t be used, eg because of flooding
  • you sublet part of your property
  • you merge 2 or more properties into 1

You must report any changes to ensure you’re paying the right amount and don’t get a backdated increase in your bill.

Report changes to:

Telephone (England): 03000 501 501
Telephone (Wales): 03000 505 505
Find out about call charges

Find out the rateable value of premises

If you’re moving to new premises, you can find out how much the rateable value is in England or Wales or in Scotland.